On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Tyler Durden wrote:

> Wheeler is also every bit as iconoclastic a thinker as Hawking, perhaps even
> more so. Wheeler may be the "Tyler Durden" of physicists.

That's funny, not. I've actually met Wheeler and Weinberg several times.
They seem like the typical physics prof. I'd call Wheeler a lot of things,
iconoclast isn't one of them (I wouldn't call Hawkings one either). The
one whom I've met that I can say I really admire is Prigogine. Ilya
fucking rocks! It's cool that all three of them live part of each year
here in Austin and I've got a big 'in' with the Prigogine crowd (Hi Dr.
Turner :).

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org