Editorial: What if CNN had covered the Battle of the Bulge?
Star Tribune of Minneapolis
Strib editorial writers note that 19,000 Americans were killed in the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. "Imagine that CNN had been (there), recording the horrific carnage in vivid, live detail. If the losses of Sunday made people queasy, can anyone imagine that war would be remotely acceptable today had the world witnessed those larger losses firsthand?" ALSO: "Some Americans were angry Monday, feeling that in the days running up to the war CNN and the other networks had misled them with overoptimistic, almost boosterish coverage of American military might."
> CNN's King could take a lesson from Rather, says Cotts (Village Voice)
> Poynter's Steele says U.S. media "very reticent" to upset public (Inky)
Posted at 12:46:48 PME-mail this item | QuickLink: A26747

Reply via email to