On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Neil Johnson wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 March 2003 08:36 pm, J.A. Terranson wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Eric Cordian wrote:
> > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but the US will happily throw Americans in
> > > prison for refusing to do business with Israel, because Congress has made
> > > it illegal to support any boycott of the Beanie-Headed Land Grabbers.
> >
> > Hrmmm.. Got a citation for this one?  As far out in the land of the
> > clueless Shrub may in fact be, I have yet to see anything that declares
> > Israel a protected class.  Of course, I could have missed it...
> >
> > I'd really like to see a citation if you can find one.
> >
> > > Seems like a bit of a double standard to me.
> >
> > This is the U.S.: we live and die by the double standard.
>

> A Google search turns up this straight from our crypto export control friends:
>
> http://www.bxa.doc.gov/AntiboycottCompliance/OACRequirements.html

First, thank you for this link.   Second, I am *dumbfounded*, even as a known
cynic, that this law could have survived a court challenge, or, even have
made it onto the books!  I mean, hell, I'm speechless: which is a big thing
for someone with a mouth as big as mine...

And to think, all these years I've been in non-compliance, and didn't even
know it.  Bah!  Had I known, I could have worn it as a badge of honor!

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson