Can an Open-Source Database Threaten Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM?

David Kirkpatrick of Fortune writes: "Talking last week with Mårten Mickos, CEO of MySQL, took me back to the golden days of 1999. Here was a fresh-faced, unbelievably enthusiastic CEO, raving about the future prospects of his product, just like so many executives I met back in those unreal times. But Mickos has a very real opportunity. The open-source movement has become a major factor across the software industry, and MySQL is the world's most popular open-source database."
» 12 March 2003 | read more | more press sightings

http://www.mysql.com/