> If they do it under threat, then it is not "voluntary".
>
> They may have come here voluntarily, but that was probably due to the
> false advertising that "America is a Land of Opportunity(tm)" and other
> such rot that our country has used to sucker people to come here.

Oh please. So the streets aren't paved with gold.  So the coyotes oversell
it to get more revenue.  Once they get here, its still better than the
shithole they came from.   It's not like we throw up roadblocks to prevent
them from going back.  Hell, the INS will give em a free ride.

> That is like saying that just because the kid got in your car
> voluntarily, you are not responsible for what happened to him when you
> molested him.

Why is it when someone has a weak argument, they throw in 'the children' as
a trump card?  Are you implying that people from other countries are too
stupid, immature, or ignorant to think for themselves?

    Since it's founding the US has used immigrants to grow as a country.
Sure, when they first got here we didn't give them a million bucks and the
keys to the executive suite.  The immigrants that got here before them have
earned that for themselves.  But they could see the opportunity to be that
next immigrant to rise up.  And no hoary Horatio Alger rags to riches story,
either; just make a living where you have a house with a roof on it and a
working septic system, where your kids can go to a school that isn't run by
religious extremists.

    But I do agree that this 'permanent underclass' plan is BS.  Either let
them be here legally with rights, or don't.  Anything else is just setup to
be a unnatural force to push down local wages.

-p