On 2012-02-20 11:44, Greg Banks wrote:
Sent from my iPhone

On 20/02/2012, at 19:13, Bron Gondwana <br...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 07:00:52PM +1100, Greg Banks wrote:
4) Cassandane sometimes leaves master and lemming processes lying around. I haven't been able to reproduce that problem, although I have "solved" it several times before. Those leaked processes are never cleaned up and hog the TCP ports that Cassandane expects to be able to use, causing subsequent Cassandane runs to fail spuriously. I'm not entirely sure of the best way to address this, but I'm thinking of something like a sledgehammer which kills all processes running as the "cyrus" userid.

My 'cyrus-devtools' scripts use a sledgehammer that looks for the
-C option that I set on all my processes.

Yeah, I could identify master processes  started by Cassandane, and
service processes started by those masters, by looking for -C options.
I might make --cleanup do that.

There's also the opportunity to have Jenkins execute a 'sudo pkill -9 -u cyrus' at the start of a run, perhaps?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG