Hello,

commit "Makefile.am: move the defintion of COM_ERR_LIB here"

I don't think there's any point having COM_ERR_LIB and COM_ERR_LIBS,
just one should do, but we can tweak that later.

libimap and libsieve have to depend on libcom_err.a whenever the bundled libcom_err.a is used, so that the bundled libcom_err.a is build before libimap and libsieve are linked. Any ideas how to achieve this, that are different from what I did?

commit "convert lib/libcyrus_min.a to libtool archive"
commit "convert lib/libcyrus.a to libtool archive"

Looks good, except that the Perl build is broken.  I get this:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gnb/software/cyrus/imapd/perl/imap'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-lcyrus', needed by `subdirs'.
Stop.
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....info

I've been wrestling with this most of the day but libtool + MakeMaker =
one enormous headache :(

I moved "-lcyrus -lcyrus_min" in Makefile.PL.in from MYEXTLIB to OTHERLDFLAGS, so that the target subdirs does not depend anymore on "-lcyrus -lcyrus_min". Please try with the uploaded fix. (I can understand why you got this error, but I do not get it.)

Also, is there a way of getting rid of these warnings:

   /bin/bash ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c imtest/imtest
   '/home/gnb/software/cyrus/inst/usr/cyrus/bin'
libtool: install: warning: `lib/libcyrus.la' has not been installed in
`/usr/cyrus/lib'
libtool: install: warning: `lib/libcyrus_min.la' has not been installed
in `/usr/cyrus/lib'

because there's quite a lot of them and they're confusing the script I
use to find compile time warnings.

Pass --prefix to ./configure . The resulting binaries have to be aware where the shared libraries are (when the shared libraries are not on standard locations) and probably using make install DESTDIR= with libtool is either wrong or implemented/handled wrong in Automake/libtool.

Със здраве
  Дилян