--On 20 April 2016 at 13:15:24 -0400 Giles Malet <gdma...@uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

Can I safely remove all of '/sync./*' and start the replication again? -

I had a bit of fun & games getting some 2.5.7 servers up (upgraded from
2.4), and ended up doing a few `reconstruct -rfGO' runs on them, and
forcing replication before it settled down.

The 'master' has already had a 'reconstruct -V max' run on it (the original data is a snapshot from a 2.4 server). That seemed to upgrade everything OK (with the service down). The mail seems ok (I've had some code traverse the bulk of the mailboxes - and they all open, and have content in with no errors logged).

I can't answer your other questions, but deleting those directories is
fine. The only one(s) possible in use are those whose name matches the
PID of a running sync_server process. Perhaps best then to shut cyrus
down on the replica, delete everything as above, then restart. And maybe
run a reconstruct or two, on server and replica.

Ok, I'll shut it down and remove the files. The sync_server process is dead anyway at this point. I'm not overly happy about the 1.5m files in there (seems excessive).

I'll try another sync once they're gone - failing that I'll run a few reconstructs against the master - and re-post if I still run into issues (And it was all going so well :)

-Karl