https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14282678

Lots of interesting discussion in there.  Luckily I got in on time to post the
highest rated response!

---

Cyrus development will not be affected by this. While CMU has been running
Cyrus, and employing one of the key developers, FastMail has a team dedicated
to supporting the biggest open source project that we use. We have a new
developer starting on Wednesday next week as well as Ken from CMU who has
agreed to keep working on Cyrus as a FastMail employee and representing the
project at conferences.

We are committed to improving the project and keeping it open. As a member of
the Cyrus IMAP board, I'm very proud of the 3.0 release that we recently made,
and we're currently planning for the 3.1 release which will include further
significant improvements.

---

There's plenty more interesting comments in there.  I'll be working on finding
a good legal home for the project this week.

Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana