mark florisson, 16.03.2011 13:28:
On 16 March 2011 13:01, mark florisson wrote:
Another feedback is that I wonder whether we should put the "gil" and
"nogil" psuedo-context managers both in cython namespace, and sort of
deprecate the "global" nogil, rather than introduce yet another name that
can't be used safely for all kinds of variables.

Hmm, good catch. Actually, 'with cython.nogil:' is already possible,
but cython.gil isn't (in fact, 'with cython.somethingrandom:' seems to
simply be ignored).
So I guess I'll have to fix that :)

I attached a patch for 'with cython.gil:'.

Looks ok.

Attached a patch to disallow invalid directives in with statements.

+1, except that I'd print the directive name as part of the error message.

Stefan