On 23 September 2011 06:02, Robert Bradshaw
<rober...@math.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Vitja Makarov <vitja.maka...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2011/9/23 Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>:

>>> Doesn't this always happen after declaration analysis?
>>>

>> Sure. But before analyse expressions, so you have to manually lookup
>> entries for names and attributes.
>
> Ah, yes.
>
>> I see two cases here: global function call and method call. Both are
>> SimpleCallNodes.
>
> Yep, and the function could be an arbitrary expression... Ugly.

As a simple hack, couldn't you in case of a SimpleCallNode where the
function is a NameNode check if the arguments are passed by reference,
and if so not issue the warning. If the callnode.function is an
arbitrary expression (like casting a pointer to such a function), then
you just issue the warning. Then you will cover probably at least 95%
of the cases.