Czernowitzers, dear friends,

Florian Kührer-Wielach, the Director of the IKGS at
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, points us to an interview with Ph.D.
student Oleksandr Sushinsky from Czernowitz:

https://youtu.be/J54wwH2ImT4
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2Z5KmGHBQdtZcmQvrxjhTL?si=4_ljXrUVSnuo6Fn5dEjZYA

Oleksandr, originally from Donetsk, has lived in Czernowitz for seven years and
tells us [in English] about the efforts of civil society to cope with the
challenges of the imposed aggressive war.

On a side note, donations following the IKGS appeal
[https://www.ikgs.de/bukowinahilfe] add up, as of 08-Mar-2022 to EUR 69.646,00
= USD 76,611.00. Wow!

Long, long ago, in much better times, my friend, Dr. Sergiy Osatchuk, then Head
of the History Research Department of the Bukovina Center at Yuri Fedkovich
University of Chernivtsi, gave me access to the Chernivtsi City Hall Tower.

https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/share/lk45x2mJFZSWI9rXrU3i8w0dIVqNjEkwq64FVtSHKlF

Later Sergiy was Honorary Consul of Austria in Ukraine and today he is Governor
of the Czernowitz Oblast [Province]. In this capacity, he gave a television
interview [in German] from Chernivtsi on ...:

https://youtu.be/iBYiG2TEKMM

On the Situation in Czernowitz: "A more or less safe place"? - Who knows, we'll
have to see! Stand with Ukraine!

Edgar Hauster [MacBook]