Czernowitzers, dear friends,

Warsaw New Town is a neighborhood in the northern part of Warsaw and dates back
to the 15th century. But here we are talking about modern Warsaw, which is
architecturally characterized by its skyline. All this started with the Smolna
8 Tower built in 1976 right across from the Military Museum:

http://hauster.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-new-town-of-warsaw-5335-km.html

The question remains whether a few generations later, the skyscrapers that
today so majestically rise into the (currently cloudy) sky above Warsaw, also
fall into the category of Brutalist Architecture and we are therefore
considered brutal people with delusions of grandeur. We are dealing with
another form of brutality at the moment and we encounter it on every corner in
Warsaw and its surroundings.

Enjoy, next stop: Masuria!

Edgar Hauster [iPad]