Nu poate constitui o rusine pentru evrei.

Regards,

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: bounce-126690063-3499...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-126690063-3499...@list.cornell.edu> On Behalf Of Edgar Hauster
Sent: 22-Jul-22 9:32 AM
To: czernowit...@cornell.edu; Yohanan Loeffler <loefl...@netspace.net.au>;
Edgar Hauster <bconc...@hotmail.com>; Berti Glaubach
<berti.glaub...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [czernowitz-l] Czernowitz Oblast Archives records

Czernowitzers, dearest Berti,

I come back to the list of Jewish war invalids (World War I) who wanted to
be exempted from wearing the Yellow Badge. Their request was rejected - of
course - by Governor of Bukovina, Corneliu Calotescu, but I can't quite
decipher three words the Romanian sentence (see below):

Nu se aprobă
Semnul distinctiv nu poate ... ... o ... pentru evrei

Who can fill in the blanks? Thanks in advance!

Edgar Hauster [MacBook]