Dear Les,
official marriage was done by official clergy - for Jewish marriages this means
all rabbis from communities wich were member of the „Israelitische
Kultusgemeinde“ (IKG -Jewish Community Organization). The big synagogues like
the old, or the temple were members, but many small, especially chassidic were
not. But they were not registered in the Matrikenbüchern (official register).
So if you have a marriage record, it is official!
Best, Benjamin (Institute for Jewish History in Austria)

send by my iPhone