Hi group,

My grandfather was born and raised in Sadgura until 1916 when he and family
moved to Vienna. He then barely escaped in 1938. I met him several times.
He didn’t tolerate disagreement well, especially on political matters. My
father, now elderly, is  hesitant to express his opinion on anything, and
conflict avoidant, except on politics. He’ll steer conversations to
politics and then give an uninformed, rigid political opinion - almost like
a test of loyalty.  I don’t understand these behaviors, and I wonder if it
can be attributed to the jewish culture in sadgura or vienna of the time.
Do these behaviors ring a bell? Thank you for any information.

Boaz