Dear Jordan Mechner,

thanks to the Czernowitz list, I just went through the Replay-annex.

But first of all please accept my congratulations for an incredible work! I
will certainly order some copies in English for my Dutch family,
grandchildren and great-grandchildren of my grandparents from Czernowitz and
Sereth in the Bukowina.

As a researcher on music professionals, persecuted during nazisme with an
(old) Austrian background a photograph of operetta tenor Carl, who stayed in
Czernowitz, has struck me in the Replay- annex.  I¹m not sure about his
family name ­ was it Mechner or Ziegler? Was he a brother of your
grandfather? And do you know what happened to him?

I would be grateful for any additional information ­ also about other family
members with a career in music.

Please tell me if there is anything I can do for you! My database holds over
9000 names of music professionals in preparation of the publication of a
biographical dictionary in 3-4 years.

With many thanks and kind regards

Primavera

Dr. Primavera Driessen Gruber