From: Bruce Reisch<mailto:bruce.rei...@cornell.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2024 9:20 AM
To: CZERNOWITZ-L<mailto:CZERNOWITZ-L@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: [czernowitz-l] FW: from Paul Blanck

Dear Friends,
Please see Paul’s question below. If anyone has a response, please share with
the group and I will forward your answer to Paul. He’s not a group subscriber.
Thank you,
BruceI eou

From: PAUL BLANCK <sirbla...@yahoo.es>
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2024 at 6:12 AM
Thank you for your response Mr. Reisch, could you please ask a question in your
information sharing group? This question, regarding where the Jews in Bukovina
got divorced? I would appreciate it very much.
    I am looking forward to your answer
        Paul Blanck

Hi Paul,

This is beyond my expertise, though I’m sure that at least some divorces were
handled in the Bukovina capital city, Czernowitz. Other Jewish record keepers
in other towns may have handled divorces as well, and some may have been sought
through the rabbinate.

Best of luck,

Bruce

From: PAUL BLANCK <sirbla...@yahoo.es>
Date: Monday, March 11, 2024 at 3:41 PM

Hello, a question, the Jews of Bucovina,

 in which cities did they get divorced before

the Second World War?

 Wait for your answer

    Paul Blanck

This moderated discussion group is for information exchange on the subject of
 Czernowitz and Sadagora Jewish History and Genealogy. The opinions expressed
 in these posts are the opinions of the original poster only and not necessarily
 the opinions of the List Owner, the Webmaster or any other members
 or entities connected with this mailing list. The Czernowitz-L list has
 an associated web site at http://czernowitz.ehpes.com that includes a
 searchable archive of all messages posted to this list.   Beginning in 2021,
archived messages can be found at:
https://www.mail-archive.com/czernowitz-l@list.cornell.edu/

To send mail to the list, address it to
<czernowit...@cornell.edu<mailto:czernowit...@cornell.edu>>.

To remove your address from this e-list follow these
directions<https://it.cornell.edu/lyris/leave-e-lists-lyris>.

To receive assistance for this e-list send an e-mail message to:
owner-czernowit...@list.cornell.edu<mailto:owner-czernowit...@list.cornell.edu>