On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 21:25:19 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 10:47:01 UTC, wjoe wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 10:23:16 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
[...]

Configuration wise that's not a problem at all. My reasoning for the dependency was that there's no point in making a release tar ball if the Unittests task fails.

It's not really the end of the world if a test fails. While tagged releases should ideally all pass, some failures can occur that are not our fault (i.e: x32 has a libc bug that causes some syscalls to fail and trigger asserts in a couple libphobos tests).

For non-tagged builds, I imagine we'd just be replacing the previously built tarball based on the given branch it was built off, so if something really is broken, in the worst case we just wait until a fix goes in and retrigger CI. Or if some downstream is affected, we'd have some sort of versioning in place (such as syncthing) to do a quick restore.

I see. So I'll just remove the dependency and let all the tasks run in parallel. It may still be delayed due to scheduling but time wise it won't be worse that with a dependency on Unittest.