(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                  THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

       brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
              Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: Makos 008a: Hitting one's son

Rabbi Pearlman wrote:
>>First, it must be made clear that it is not necessarily an intrinsic
>>Mitzvah of Limud Torah that the child must be hit.<<

Gershon Dubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I believe it is Rav Pam z"l who says, that since the pasuk refers to two
maklos, noam and chovlim, one can be NOT chosech shivto, by using the makal
no'am.

Gershon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss