(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Zevachim 000: Atonement of a Korban

Barry Epstein asked:

The intro says that "The Kohanim eat and the owners receive atonement."
I know that zerikah effects full atonement.  What is this "facet" of
atonement?  Once you have 100%, how do you get additional?

Barry Epstein, Dallas, USA
The Kollel replies:

Tosfos (on 6a) writes that the Ikar (main) atonement is the Zerikah. We can
explain that although there is atonement gained through the eating,
nevertheless the *Chiyuv* (obligation) of atonement is completed and
fulfilled through the Zerikah.

D. Zupnik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss