On 09/16/2016 12:38 PM, Nik Mitev wrote:
> On 16/09/16 11:27, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>>> I was after the db_info key however, and was getting the plugin settings
>>> instead. This gets resolved if I ask for
>>> $dsl->app->config->{'db_info'}
>>> instead of
>>> $dsl->config->{'db_info'}
>>>
>>> Still not sure why $dsl->config->{'db_info'} returns the data for
>>> $dsl->config->{'plugins'}->{'ESS2::Auth'}
>> Because the first parameter is the $plugin object and not a DSL object :-).
> I am not sure I understand, sorry :)
> So effectively $dsl->config when used within a plugin has the same
> effect as $dsl->plugin_setting?

register foobar => sub {
   my ($plugin, ...) = @_;

}

The first parameter here is the Dancer2::Plugin object which has a
config method, and logically provides the plugin configuration.

So if you are using $dsl variable name, that is confusing and
not accurate.

$plugin->app gives you App object, which also has a config method.
This logically provides the app configuration.

Regards
        Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.