On Feb 19, 2018, at 5:08 AM, Lutz Gehlen <lrg...@gmx.net> wrote:

> What is everybody else
> doing? Or am I mistaken and this is a minority problem after all?

The problem never came up for me because my Dancer code was migrated from
Apache::ASP, which doesn’t have anything like the solutions proposed so far in
this thread.  I had to do my own escaping with HTML::Entities and such, so
keeping that existing code has been the path of least resistance.

It may well be that when people go searching the web for “perl html escape”,
they find HTML::Entities and just go with that.  It’s the third result here.
(YMMV.)  The first result recommends URI::Escape instead, which is wrong, and
the second answer is a Stack Overflow post, where the top answer recommends
HTML::Escape.

Since you seem to have an itch here, how about you port the plugin?  Then you
get the software you want.  You’ve got preexisting code on both sides to work
with: the source plugin and many examples of existing D2 plugins to aid in the
translation.