I would like to add my support for progressing the  SMIMEA draft as a spec for
publication as proposed standard.

Secure64 has been an active participant in the National Cybersecurity Center of
Excellence DANE project.  We have found both the use of TLSA records and SMIMEA
records to be very useful and practical  The SMIMEA draft  is clear enough as
it stands.  As further evidence, we have published the email certificates for
all Secure64 employees at _smimecerts.secure64.com
<http://smimecerts.secure64.com/> using the IANA RRTYPE number of 53.  We have
built programs to publish and retrieve these records successfully and to
convert the records back into certificates to be placed into key-stores.  All
of these efforts were successful and confirmed by email users outside of
Secure64.  So my bottom line:  go for it!

 - Joe Gersch

- Joseph Gersch, PhD
   President and CEO, Secure64 Software Corporation
   www.secure64.com <http://www.secure64.com/>
   office:  970-372-0006
   mobile: 970-222-4867