> On Apr 12, 2018, at 2:44 PM, John Gilmore <g...@toad.com> wrote:
>
> Viktor, I believe you have confused a "could" with a "mandate".

As to this point, I'm not now and have never been confused about
that.  The present draft, as explained upthread, perhaps in too
many ways and in too many words, offers no value to applications
that don't mandate the use of the extension, if the application
also excepts WebPKI, and the extension is optional, then a
cost/benefit analysis shows that use of the DANE extension offers
only complexity and no security benefit.  Opportunistic use-cases
of the present draft won't get deployed, they make no sense.

--
        Viktor.