New submission from Zooko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am installing darcs 1.0.6 on Mac OS X, and I have to make the following
changes to the contents of the package so that it will fit nicely into my unixy
filesystem structure:

mkdir bin man share share/doc share/doc/darcs
mv darcs bin
mv darcs.1 man
mv * share/doc/darcs

Then I can install it in my filesystem, either with "cp -a darcs-1.0.6/*
/usr/local" or by using GNU stow, which accomplishes the same thing using
symlinks instead of copies, thus making it uninstallable and versionable.

So my wish is that the darcs binary for Mac OS X was already laid out in this
structure.

messages: 558
nosy: droundy, tommy, zooko
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: I wish the Mac OS X binary came in a unixy filesystem layout