New submission from Zooko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Folks:

Somehow one of my repositories got corrupted so that when I run

darcs changes --from-tag=^allmydata-tahoe

(with either darcs-1.0.9 or darcs-2pre)

it says:

/home/zooko/darcsbugged/source-darcs-bugged/_darcs/patches/
20070817221910-92b7f-e637e92d8ddddea613300ed07f1ce943732c471c.gz:
openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)

I got a new copy from http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk, and
that one doesn't have this problem.  The difference between the
working official repository and the corrupted one is this -- it seems
like the corrupted one has an "inventory" file with a lot *more*
entries in it.  The full output from "diff -u -r trunk source-darcs-
bugged" is here:

https://zooko.com/sdb.diff.u.r.txt

So this raises a few different questions:

1.  Shouldn't "darcs check" detect this corruption?

2.  Are there any known bugs in darcs, or were there recently in pre-
releases of darcs-2, which could cause this corruption?

I can tell you rather precisely when it happened, since this is part
of a buildbot-managed automatic build system.  On this date, there
was no corruption and "darcs changes" worked:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/solaris/builds/416

and the next day, it was corrupt:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/solaris/builds/417

Regards,

Zooko

messages: 3337
nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, tommy, zooko
status: unread
title: corrupted repo: "darcs changes --from-tag=^allmydata-tahoe" yields "does
not exist"