Hi Simon,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 19:17:40 -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> > Currently the --quiet flag has no effect on darcs changes. This is
> > inconsistent with the --help docs, and an opportunity; this patch makes it
> > show just the patch names, one per line. I find this surprisingly useful
> > for scripting and for getting a quick handle on what's going on. If
> > accepted we should consider doing in other places where appropriate.

Personally, I would prefer not to overload the meaning of -q, which
currently 'suppresses informational output', nor to add yet another
switch to darcs changes.

I think this could be achieved with something like
  darcs changes --xml | grep name | sed -e 's/.*<name>//' -e 's!</name>!!'

which is admittably clunkier than darcs changes -q

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9