Hi,

On 20/06/2013 13:30, Ivan Zakharyaschev wrote:

> I've got the wiki source with "darcs get --lazy
> http://darcs.net/darcs-wiki"; as advertised on the site, recorded an
> edit locally (which adds a tip), and now I'd like to push it in order
> to publish my changes.
>
> Can I do this?
>
> I know that in the world of Git, there are sites which would allow
> "anonymous" pushes in similar situations. [...]
>
> What about darcs.net's wiki?

In darcs, an anonymous push is a "send" - i.e. use "darcs send", which
because of the configuration of the wiki repo, should default to sending
the change to patc...@darcs.net where someone can check and apply them.

The extra security over just being able to edit the wiki directly online
is because there are more things you can do with direct repo access.

This does rely on having a working email setup locally, which is
becoming a bit less common with the move to gmail etc. We're looking at
adding general support for submitting patches over http instead, but
it's not all there yet.

If you don't have a working local email setup, the workaround is to use
darcs send -o filename.dpatch and then manually send the file to
patc...@darcs.net.

Cheers,

Ganesh