On 22/05/2015 10:25, Henning Thielemann wrote:

> Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 May 2015, Henning Thielemann wrote:
>
>> > What to do now? Shall I do 'darcs revert' before 'unsuspend' and >
>> 'darcs unrevert' after 'unsuspend'? Like 'git stash' and 'git stash >
>> pop'?
>
>> To be safe I'd suggest recording, "darcs obliterate -O" to save the
>> patch to disk, unsuspend, then "darcs apply" to reapply it. At this
>> point you may have some conflicts to resolve if it conflicted with the
>> previously suspended patches.
>
> This makes sense. I guess, I can also 'record' and later 'unrecord'.
> "obliterate" sounds so dangerous. :-)

FWIW "obliterate -O" is our current best approximation of "stash",
though you have to manage the stashed state on the filesystem rather
than in the repository.

If you record but leave the patch in the repository, then you will have
some problems if the unsuspended patch happens to conflict with the
recorded patch: you will end up having to resolve the conflicts
immediately, and the resolved unsuspended patch will depend on the
previously recorded patch preventing the latter from being unrecorded.

If you're sure there won't be any conflicts it's fine though.

Ganesh