On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:27:02 +0300 (MSK)
Maksim Golubev <maksim.golube...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can find more readable version of this text here:
> https://hub.darcs.net/ki11men0w/profile/browse/presentations/darcs-boring-files
>

> PROBLEMS WITH USING [boring|binaries] FILES IN _DARCS_
<snip>
> Problem #1: in the newly created repositories, _darcs/prefs/boring
> file is always filled with templates.
<snip>
> It seems to me it would be convenient to have a command line option that
> allows you to create a file _darcs/prefs/boring empty (without
> templates) when executing these commands.
<snip>

> Problem #2: ignoring the _darcs/prefs/boring file after setpref
(after setting the boring file)
<snip>
> it is enough that the file _darcs/prefs/boring is
> always taken into account
<snip>

Speaking as a user, all the above makes sense.

(You could get fancy regards problem #1 and allow
selection of templates to install, but that seems like
over-design.  Simpler is better IMO.)

Regards,

Karl <k...@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein