* David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [01-12-16 19:59]:
> Patrick; this is a 'high pass' module .. it is not a monochrome module. The
> 'default' mode for all modules (according to the manual) is the normal blend
> and my expectation of this module is that it should operate in the same way
> that all other modules work. ... I would not expect that using blend in a
> sharpen module eliminates all color, I am sure that you would agree.
>
> With the high-pass operation the color is only back to normal if the effect
> is fully eliminated (opacity=0%) ... that cannot be correct!!
>
> If you use the blend module with other processes I am sure that you will see
> the difference.
>
> On 12/01/16 04:21 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >* David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [01-12-16 18:58]:
> >>With the opacity slider in the 100% position the image is monochrome. This
> >>does not occur with any other module (that I have tested). So, to answer
> >>your question, I did not touch the opacity slider in seeing the problem.

> >But, if you move the slider, color appears.  You don't agree with that?
> >Or you don't think @ 100% there should be no color, or .... you believe
> >the slider is reversed?  Does it not operate as other image editors do.
> >Or does it just not fit you?

No, it is not a "monochrome" module.  Aiui, high-pass is usually employed
to affect sharpening in different manner that "sharpening".

Per tfm:

3.2.5. Blending
3.2.5.1 Overview
 Each blend mode is further controlled by a parameter called opacity,
 which can have a value between 0% and 100% and defines how input and
 output image contribute to the final result. Typically an opacity value
 of 0% gives as a result an image that is identical to the input image –
 the module remains without effect. An opacity value of 100% delivers the
 maximum effect of the module with the blend mode chosen.

Maximum effect of the high-pass filter is no color

No where does it state that *all* modules blend modes affect the same type
of output.  If fact it allows for difference by: "Typically ..."

I looked at a ps demo and grey rather than color was displayed.....

In the end, all we are doing is expressing our opinions.  The "way it will
be" will be determined by the dev's.