Hi Ingo,

This is quite interesting work to see... A x-trans demosaic algorithm
which is well described, high quality, open source, and fast is
something which I'm sure many people are awaiting. Though of course
having all of these qualities is a lot to ask! It's great to see
continued work on this, and in particular addressing the color
artifacts.

How does the speed of your code when hooked into dcraw compare to 1-pass
or 3-pass Markesteijn via dcraw? The dt version of Markesteijn is about
2-3x faster than dcraw's, if I recall right, but dcraw's Markesteijn
could still be a good basis of comparison.

How much work would it be to make a CPU variant? So far as I know, all
of darktable is built to function on CPUs with the possibility of GPU
speed-up in certain cases.

I can't speak for the dt core developers regarding their interest &
priorities, of course...

Best,
Dan