Hi Ingo et al,

Exciting to see the continued work. I love the idea of working
diagonally on x-trans, rather than replicating Bayer methods. The
fringes on thin tree branches (as in example 1) have been a recurring
artifact for me in Markesteijn demosaic for me. I've used color
smoothing and median filtering on them, but also have had to
post-process by hand (e.g. desaturate bright magentas/greens). It
doesn't look like either algorithm has that great a time with such fine
detail.

The Markesteijn results do look sharper. Not always for the best, e.g.
the neutral background in example 4 is notably smoother in Liebhardt
version.

The results of Markesteijn through the default darktable pipeline look
so much nicer than straight dcraw output, I assume the Liebhardt
algorithm would be similarly improved.

Ingo: Have you read the ChromaSoft blog entries on X-Trans demosaicing?
(Starting at
http://chromasoft.blogspot.com/2012/05/demosaicing-fuji-x-pro1-and-its-x-trans.html
and ongoing.) I found them elucidating about the various
options/trade-offs and extant algorithms.

Dan