commit 73820d803d0c71fe1e26336be95ce1190fb46f24
Author: Roman Lebedev <lebedev...@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Aug 15 19:34:54 2016 +0300

    Rawspeed: NefDecoder: stop providing the rope for users to hang themselves.

    This is basically the same problem as with Rw2Decoder.

    It looks like all the nikon cameras has different modes -
    14-bit compressed, 12-bit compressed,
    14-bit uncompressed, 12-bit uncompressed.

    And the problem here is that 14-bit and 12-bit have different white levels.

    Since NefDecoder::checkSupportInternal() just silently fallbacks
    to the generic entry, if present (with mode=""),
    this has result in silently-garbled images.

    Let's not do that.

2. reverting camera.xml to the version from this commit:

$ git show
73820d803d0c71fe1e26336be95ce1190fb46f24:src/external/rawspeed/data/cameras.xml
> src/external/rawspeed/data/cameras.xml

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can provide some more information.

Thanks,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B