On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Moritz Moeller <virtualr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6.1.17 17:33 , Roman Lebedev wrote:
>>>
>>> Note that I always convert all my original raws from the camera (.ARW) to
>>> DNGs and have done so from the beginning.
>>
>> Ah, well, i sure hope that you keep original ARW around :)
>

> No, I don't. I do not see a reason for it.
It is more or less the same deal as with editing raw files. (and yes,
that applies
to dng too). There are all sorts of fields, makernotes specific to camera
manufacturer. It is likely that converting to dng tosses half of these
out of the window.
But it's your data that is potentially getting damaged...

> .mm
Roman.