Am 17.02.2017 um 16:07 schrieb Michael Figiel:
Hi,
now I've got two binaries: one crashes and one doesn't. Both are without the
fix, build with pristine 2.2.3 sources:
the not-crashing is build as  RelWithDebInfo, the crashing as Release

I would have expected it the other way round, but OK. Asserts are normally only active in debug versions of the program.

To reproduce the crash:
1) start darktable (cli: darktable)
   darktable opens with last visited directory in lighttable (where it
   was last properly shut down)
2) double click a picture in 'lighttable' to open in 'darktable'
   the picture is opened in darktable
3) click on 'correction group'
   the correction group is expanded
4) click on 'spot removal'
   spot removal is expanded
5) click on 'add path' in the 'spot removal' module
   crash, core dump
That's the shortest way to reproduce it, but it ends with a crash if I try
to 'add path' in any other tool/mask.

On my setup the asserts are typically not active, so there is no SIGABRT to the program. However, I was nonetheless able to reproduce. The incumbent functions are called early when generating a path at a time where there is no node defined yet. According safeguards are now implemented in master and in the darktable-2.2.x branch.

Thanks for reporting!

Ulrich