On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Ingo Liebhardt <ingo.liebha...@ziggo.nl>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For those who want to give it a try, I made some further improvements to
> the below-mentioned fork with the experimental approach to X-Trans
> demosaicking.
> In particular to the issue of colour bleeding found by J Liles, this
> should be much less now.
> There was also still some hue shift, which I think should be gone now.
> I finally managed to obtain the filters training them from multiple
> reference images of the McMaster (previously IMAX) reference image set.
>
> As a general remark, this approach doesn’t magically solve all the issues,
> some further processing, e.g. bilateral filtering, might still be needed
> for difficult image contents. However, especially for images with high
> frequency in luma and for high ISO images, the starting point should be a
> quite bit better than the other approaches. You’ll see that e.g. oftentimes
> less bilateral filtering is needed to make the same image usable.
>
> For those of you who want to get an impression how subtle changes in the
> filters change the image, I included 4 alternative filter sets that can be
> used in lieu of the present filtercoeff.h (filtercoeff_11_4.h,
> broadest, filtercoeff_var_3.h, narrowest, and filtercoeff_11_3.h,
> filtercoeff_var_4.h
> in between).
>
> Thankful for further feedback.
>
> Cheers,
> Ingo

Ingo,

I just had a chance to take a look at your latest version. I no longer see
the color bleeding. Low ISO images appear virtually unchanged from
Markesteijn. High ISO images look considerably better. I think you're right
about it being a better starting point. Moire in the redmine example
doesn't appear much affected, though.