Hi there,

I have been using Darktable from time to time and think I will be using it more in the future. I have a few ideas of what modules I would like to see in Darktable and I thought I might throw in a few hours myself.

Short about me: I have been working 7 years now as a software developer and architect in a Windows oriented environment. Mostly I have been working with Delphi, C#, and C++. In my private life I have been running Linux for ~15 years and done some C++ programming - but without GUI.

In order to get started and to do something useful, I thought I would look at a bug that I also find annoying. It is described in these two bug reports:
  https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10947
  https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10711

My idea was basically to move the scrollbar from the outer position (where it is currently) to just next to the film roll. See attached photo.

Questions:
 a) Are there already other people working on solving these bugs?
 b) Does my proposed solution seem like a good idea?
c) Would you have any pointers to me on how to get started (which files I should look into or other tips on how *you* would go about solving this).

BR
Jørn Christensen