Hello !

I'm often using the tone mapping module with non-HDR photos to reduce the
global contrast & improve the local contrast. It can give great results
with the right settings. I have one problem though, it's very hard edges on
high contrast lines. This line is present no matter if I soften the effect,
I just don't know how to get rid of it while keeping the right output. I
can get a pretty similar result with local contrast, pushing the shadows &
playing with the curve, but it's more work. The tone mapping module can
give pretty good results in no time on plenty of photos, I'm lazily using
it a lot ;)

 I'm wondering is anybody would have some tricks to deal with that ? And if
it's supposed to be a normal behavior of the module also. Maybe it can be
improve one way or the other.

Attaching an example :

Original photo
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4459/38031407446_fcbfcf20b0_o_d.jpg