Hi,
What is the exact model of your lens (from the exif)?
Is it: "Sigma DT 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro" ?

If yes, it is not in version_1 of lensfun database but it is in version_2.

If you upgrade your database with the command "lensfun-update", it will
create the following in your home directory:
.local/share/lensfun/updates/version_1/
And then the lens will be in the file: slr-sigma.xml

Jean-Luc