Hi everyone !
Doing some cleanup on Redmine, I see bugs and feature requests are
sorted by categories, which are the place where they occur (lighttable,
darkroom, Lua, masks).
I would like to propose an additional taxinomy, for example as tags, to
narrow the field of expertise they require :
* *G**UI design,* for everything related to workflow and ergonomics
optimization /(mostly GTK programming)/
* *data**management*, for everything related to EXIF/IPTC metadata,
tags, collections and database management///(mostly text handling//,
exiftools and S//qlite)/
* *I/O**handling,* for everything related to files decoding, encoding,
printing, exporting, sharing /(mostly libs handl//ing and //Rawspeed
programmin//g//)/
* *image processing,* for everything related to core algorithms and
modules/(mostly maths)/
* *performance,* for everything related to low-level optimizations to
make algorithms run faster /(mostly SSE4, OpenCL and fundamental
//computer-science)/
* *compatibility,* for everything related to make the above stack work
on various devices, OS and architectures /(mostly wiring OS specs)/
* *documentation and translation,* for everything related to redaction
and pedagogy/(text, video, tutorials, etc.)/
This is in the spirit of encouraging external contributions and
collaboration, in order to make the skills set required clearer.I hope
that, looking at that taxinomy, everyone could figure out where he can
put his skills.
What do you think ?
Have a good day,
Aurélien.
___________________________________________________________________________
darktable developer mailing list
to unsubscribe send a mail to [email protected]