Hi,

I am thinking about how to simplify the UI elements and will probably implement something in the direction of https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/1831#issuecomment-439291491 although I also agree with https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/1831#issuecomment-439299588

I am wondering why we have a "polarity button" for drawn masks _and_ an "invert mask" option? The latter is only available "drawn mask" is selected but not if "drawn & parametric mask" is selected. Is this just for historical reasons or is there a deep reason. To me the "invert mask" option seems to be redundant (even after reading the corresponding sections in the manual again).

        Heiko

--
-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de
--  Cluster Computing @ https://www.clustercomputing.de