Every module advertises its input, output and working colour spaces to
the pixelpipe and conversion are done on-the-fly when needed. Don't
bother about it.

Yet, you still need to ensure you do the right pixel operation at the
right time. Details :
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/3075#issuecomment-538410131
and https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/2905#issue-313652085.

Upcoming video in preparation about that.

Good luck,

Aurélien.