On Sunday, 19 January 2020 19:59:30 CET i...@burrima.ch wrote:
> Hi David,

Hi Martin,

> Thank you for your reply. What a co-incidence, I was not aware of that.
> That's good news!
>
> I came to cmocka while analyzing different frameworks and I thought this
> might be the most suitable one.

I'm the cmocka developer and maintainer. It looks like you already got the
gist of it especially the mocking functionality. This is great. I also would
appreciate patches to cmocka to improve the docs if you find anything.

> Only had a quick look at your integration, looks similar to mine.

If you could create a pull request I would be happy to do a code review.

> There are code coverage tools around, though I don't know any of them.
> As a first start I thought it would be enough to go just straight (aka
> "human code coverage analyzer" ;-)) and then increase the coverage
> later. But I don't mind using such tools from beginning on. Do you know
> any such tools or shall I look around?

As soon as you use ctest you have it available with cmake, see "make help",
there is e.g. make ExperimentalCoverage if you set the path to gcov. However
it runs it only over the tests so we are probably at 1% :-)

> I also thought it would be good to focus on the process() methods of the
> darktable modules first. Bigger units in terms of "unit testing", maybe
> not full coverage, but probably very effective as a first quality
> improvement (and also good for me to get into the code and into the
> mathematics of the modules).
>
> Thank you for the notice about IRC - I will look into this.

I'm gladiac on IRC.

Cheers,

        Andreas