* Michael <eyele...@gmx.de> [07-18-20 13:09]:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Darktable for the first time. The interface font is near
> unreadable because of the rendering.  A „rainbow“ colored font instead
> of white, no matter which theme I select.  This makes Darktable useless
> at that moment.  I never encountered such an issue with other software,
> so I assume that Darktable itself has a problem.
>
> I would be very grateful for a practical solution

the problem is undoubtedly your window system lacking the fonts needed to
correctly render the display.

but you do not say what version of dt you speak, nor where/how you
obtained dt and how you installed it, ....

I have no such problem on my openSUSE Tumbleweed system.

Note that the dev's do not package dt for distribution, but provide source
code and distro specific volunteers do the packaging.  That would probably
be your best avenue to resolve your problem.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode