On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 at 23:38, <juli...@i2pmail.org> wrote:
> I tried searching for the 'Culling Mode' and found this resource
> (https://discuss.pixls.us/t/help-with-culling-mode-in-darktable/12296
> sorry but searching the official documentation didn't work without
> javascript). I discovered that a user can
> hold "W" or "TAB" to get a fullscreen mode. Great!

You can search any site using Google with a search like:
site:darktable.org stuff you search for

Anyway, you can read about the culling mode (and other changes
introduced in 3.0) here:
https://www.darktable.org/2019/12/darktable-30/
Search (using Ctrl+F) for "The lighttable gives until now two modes".
If you have two images on the screen, you can zoom into them, and
scroll them in sync -- I think that should help you compare those
subtle differences. :-)
There are some changes in 3.2 related to the culling view, described
here: https://discuss.pixls.us/t/darktable-3-2-containment-effect/19652

BTW, maybe this discussion should take place on the users' list, not
on the one for developers?

Kofa