Hi

Am a basic user of Darktable.

Pictures imported as usually Nikon NEF format raw files taken on a D3300 SLR

I have not changed any of the defaults in darktable

The functions I use are
Histogram to adjust brightness , Exposure
Crop
and Export to Jpeg

However for sometime now and getting frustrated between the difference in
pictures as seen on the DSLR LCD screen and what I see on Darktable

The DSLR screen pcitures are usually brighter, richer and seem to be in
focus and sharp.

On Darktable the pictures are almost invariably duller and a touch out of
focus (enough to not be nice anymore.

My system specs are  ( Linux Mint System on Thinkpad E14) Darktable version
3.0.1

Am wondering if there is some setup or add on that I am missing ?

your suggestions and advice please

thanks
ram