Hi,

Yesterday while trying to apply a style to a small batch of pictures, DT
segfaulted. 3 times.
Not sure about what was going on, I realised that I was running 3.6.0 and
not 3.6.1 and so I upgraded upon closing the program properly. At that time
it asked for a db maintenance which I allowed.

Once the upgrade was done (I am running on macOS, and so DT 3.6.1.6 now)
Everything seemed to be fine except that the filtering attributes were not
functioning as it should. I usually use the folder option first where, from
the documentation you have some options :
folderThe folder (file path) where the image file is located. Click on a
folder while holding Ctrl+Shift to switch to the corresponding film roll.
Right-click to remove the collection or tell darktable that its location
has changed in the file system. Double-click to show only the images in the
selected folder; Ctrl+click to show only the images from any sub-folders;
Shift+click to show the images from the current folder plus all sub-folders.
The behavior that I have now is the following :
- double-click shows only the subfolder content instead of just the
currently selected folder
- shift-click show only the currently selected folder (instead of that
content + any subfolder)
- ctrl-click shows no images

I don't care about my library.db as I usually process and then remove the
images to always have a small library. I keep the xmp.file along with the
originals so I don't care about re-importing from time to time.
I backed up my library manually and restarted darktable, reimporting the
folder which contains several subfolders, and the issue is still here.
It's also confusing things up with film roll e.g. when I double click a
film roll for a subfolder, i have the same issue - that is consistent in a
way...

Has anyone experienced the same thing ? What am I missing ?

Since I now have the issue to display just the images I want, I did not try
to reapply the style to see if 3.6.1.6 solved the initial issue.

Thanks ahead of time for your help
Cheers