hi,

i tried to automatically fit darktable processing settings to the
canon picture styles and pat david's film emulation luts once. it
didn't particularly work too well (you'd need a ton of parametric
blending for some cases, not so much for pat's styles but definitely
for the canon ones). these old attempts are still in an old branch on
github:

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/tree/film-emulation/tools/film_emulation

(just for your interest, i don't think any of that still works at all)

i wrote a new module at that time, which was able to do arbitrary
color lut mappings. this would map anything to anything and would have
been perfectly able to reproduce the styles, but the UI was
impossible.

so now i'm experimenting with another approach (see attached
screenshot), that lets you map colors of the colorchecker to arbitrary
other Lab sample points (change all of lightness, hue, and
saturation). i'm not sure it's the way to go yet, but i've had
promising initial results trying to (manually) match raw colors to
picture style/film emulation jpg.

that's currently in a branch:

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/tree/colorchecker

which i totally discourage you from using at this point. just a small
heads up that this task may become much simpler in the future.

cheers,
 jo